Here we go, here we go, here we go Now…..I am on a roll….Or I’ve just had too much caffeine 🙂 Either way I am back with project #3!! I made this project for a workshop I held about a week ago for my great friends in Green Bay, WI. I miss them so much now that I am in Milwaukee, but lucky for me they all love crafts too and often invite me up there to hold my workshops.
My inspiration for this 6×6 scrapbook page comes from page 26 of the Occasions Mini catalog that just expired April 30, 2010….But have no fear as ALL the items used in the project below are still available at My Stampin’ UP! Shop! I was so excited when Stampin’ UP! announced that certain items in the Occasions Mini would still be offered, not only that but they will be added to the 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalog set to come out July 1, 2010. The “Vintage Vogue ” set that I absolutely fell in love with is one of those carryover items. HOORAY!!!
On with the show….Every time I picked up that catalog I would just stop on page 26 and admire that scrapbook layout. I loved the Right 2/3 of it. The combination of the White background and Crushed Curry just spoke to me, and I gotta tell you I’m really not a big fan of Yellow LOL! Then when it was mentioned that there would be people at this workshop who had never done scrapbooking before, but were very interested in trying it out I immediately knew I had to find a way to turn this 8 1/2 x 11 page into an easy 6×6 Make-and-Take project. If you look at the original you will be able to see the adjustments I made, and can judge for yourself which version better suits your needs 🙂
PROJECT 3 of 365: Vintage Vogue 6×6 Page
Going forward I am going to try to include item #’s for Stampin’ UP! products used to make it easier for you to order supplies needed. This way you can click on any of my in-text links to my shop (like HERE) which I have set up to open in a new window so you can reference back to this page to get your item # and then to speed up your shopping you can search by item # and voila your shopping is just that easy 🙂
1. 6×6 Whisper White (106529 or the neutrals multipack 108589)
2. 4×5 Crushed Curry (115319 or 2009-2010 InColors Multipack 115319-which would also include the Soft Suede needed here)
3. 3 3/4 x 4 3/4 Whisper White
4. 1×4 Soft Suede (115315 or the 2009-2010 InColors Multipack 115318- which also includes the Crushed Curry from above)
5. 1 1/2 x 4 Pretty in Pink Textured Cardstock (only available in the Soft Subtles Multipack 108695)
6. Whisper White Scraps
– Crushed Curry Classic (115659)
– Old Olive Classic (102277)
– Pretty In Pink Classic (101301)
– Soft Suede (only avail in the the InColors Marker Pack 116329- You could sub with any brown marker)
– Vintage Vogue (wood mount 117690 or clear mount 118598) (I’m loving the new clear mount, saves so much storage space and CHEAPER!!)
– Old Olive 5.8″ Satin Ribbon (117292)
– Clear Buttons (105447)
– Silver Brads (104336)
– Stampin’ UP! Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (119976- from the new Summer Mini)
– Stampin” UP! Matchbox Bigz XL Die (114890)
– Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430- you should always have tons of these on hand, that little 3D pop makes a huge difference in your projects)
Some of the Smaller details that you may not see clearly in the photo is that the Soft Suede Strip is ran through the Sizzix Big Shot machine using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder, and the Pretty in Pink Strip is randomly stamped in Pretty Pink Ink using the vine-ish stamp from the Vintage Vogue Set. Then The big F is stamped in Old Olive ink, cut out, and attached to the shape cut with the Matchbox die using Stampin’ Dimensionals…..before attaching the F….color just the word “friends” from the F stamp with Soft Suede Marker (right on the rubber stamp) then stamp this on that die cut…then attach your “F” lining it up with where you stamped “friends.” Basically ALL the little cut out embellishments are attached using Stampin’ Dimensionals to give them just that little POP that makes your project go from ho-hum to AWSOME…….look at that I am even rhyming now….I gotta cut back on the caffeine.
In case you are wondering who the “hotties” in the photo are 🙂 On the right is my bestest friend Kelly, and on the left is yours truly.
Again….if you like what you see here, PLEASE help support my quest to complete 365 projects in 365 days (and blog about all of them) by shopping at my Stampin’ Up Site just click where you see the underlined words and you will be taken right to my site.
As always I welcome comments and critiques.
Until Next time,