First of all excuse the long title. My true title for this project is “Gettin’ Dirty” cus its not a clean one….hehehe.
So, my first non-coerced reader, Rebecca, introduced me to an online paper crafting challenge called “Mojo Monday,” this is where the layout from this design is from. When I saw the sketch I knew it had potential….and not wanting to copy anyone else this time I ended up just sitting and staring at the layout sketch trying to figure out just where to start.
After awhile I sat it down to get some other work done….In the meantime I ran accross another weekly challenge called “Curtain Call Color Challenge” and from the combination of these two challenges comes my card “Gettin’ Dirty”. Combining the two challenges really did make it easier to get started….I already knew my basic layout, and I knew what colors I would be using, so now all I had to do was fill in the blanks.
The Color Challenge Colors were: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Kraft, and Pink Pirouette. Of course I immediately thought how the heck am I going to get this BOLD pumpkin pie to mesh with my more subtle pink, white, and kraft???? Then ding, ding, ding…..this is where the “Gettin’ Dirty” party comes in……DISTRESS the heck out of everything!!!
While I’m not totally in love with the outcome I do appreciate it….This challenge pushed me to use colors together that I normally wouldn’t. While it’s not likely I will be pairing Pumpkin Pie and Pink Pirouette again in the near future, it does open my eyes to experimenting more with non-traditional color pairing.
Without further ado…….
Project 4 0f 365: Gettin’ Dirty 🙂
Mojo Monday #139 and Curtain Call Color Challenge Act 30
Remember you can always click my shopping links (like HERE) to open my Stampin’ UP! shop in a separate window and get all the Stampin’ UP! Supplies needed to complete this project. I try my best to list the item numbers below to help speed up your shopping. All you need to do is enter the item # into the “Search” box on the left side of the Stampin’ UP! Screen. Your purchases help fund this crazy adventure I have taken to complete 365 Stampin’ UP! Projects in 365 days.
– 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Basic Black (102851 or multipack 108588 which will include the whisper white also needed)
– 4 x 5 1/4 Pink Pirouette (will be returning as a Core Color 7/1/2010!!!)
– 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 Pumpkin Pie DSP- polka dot sheet- (112159)
– 2 x 3 Pink Pirouette
– 1 3/4 x 2 3/4 Whisper White (100730 or multipack 108588)
– Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, and Kraft scraps
– Friends 24-7 (113218)
– Sense of Time (113804)
– Fifth Avenue Floral (113734)
– Vintage Vogue (wood 117690 or clear 118598)
– Basic Black Classic (101179)
– Sahara Sand Classic (105208)
– Pink Pirouette Classic (will be available 7/1/2010)
– Whisper White CRAFT (101731)
– Pink Pirouette and Chocolate Chip Felt Flowers (retired)
– Pumpkin Pie Brad (106955)
– Hemp Twine (100982)
-Distress Tool (106958- Cutter Kit)
– Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz (118772)
– Log Cabin Smooch Spritz (119921)
– White Emboss Powder (109132, Heat Tool 100005)
– Stampin Sponges (101610)
– Stampin Dimensionals (104430
– Snail Adhesive (104332 or Refill 104331)
– Tombow Multi Glue (110755)
– Top Note Die (113463)
Non- Stampin’ UP!:
– Crackle Glaze
If you haven’t already figured out why this is called “Gettin’ Dirty” it is because I distressed the edges of absolutely everything, except the black card base. I also sprayed the Log Cabin and Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz’s over everything except the layer stamped “You only Live Once…” Plus all edges of all layers are sponged with the Sahara Sand ink (used this because it was the closest thing I had to a Kraft-colored Ink.)
If you are interested in the Mojo Monday Challenge it can be found by clicking on the below picture of the Layout for this challenge.
Mojo Monday Week 139 Challenge
More info on the Curtain Call Color Challenge Can be found by clicking on the below picture of this week’s color challenge.
Curtain Call Color Challenge Act 30
Hope this helps spark your own creativity.
Please leave comments whether good, or about how to improve my work……as I am still a “newby” so I can use all the help I can get!!